Last modified: Oct 7, 2017
TERMS OF SERVICE
1. DESCRIPTION OF SearchBarcode AND THESE TERMS OF SERVICE Welcome to SearchBarcode, your online resource for SearchBarcode Co., Inc. ("SearchBarcode" or "us", "we", "our") products and services. You may have arrived at SearchBarcode owned or operated services, which is identified at the top of this page. By using this Web site, you agree to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"). These TOS may be updated by us from time to time, and we encourage you to review them often. In addition to these TOS, when using particular SearchBarcode owned or operated services, you and SearchBarcode may also be subject to any additional posted guidelines applicable to such services. SearchBarcode (the "Web site") provides you with access to many valuable resources, including SearchBarcode Used Item Values, and New Product Pricing, as well as links to sites where you can obtain services such as repair and warranties, and other existing services and those that may later be offered to you (the "Service"). The Service includes advertisements, which are necessary for SearchBarcode to provide the Service to you. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that we may add to SearchBarcode will also be subject to these TOS, and any other special terms of service referenced in the new feature.
3. PERSONAL USE ONLY You may make personal use of all of the information ("Information") you access on SearchBarcode, but you may not take any of the Information and reformat and display it, or copy it on your own Web site, and you may not store or migrate any of the Information or other data from SearchBarcode without SearchBarcode’s written permission. By using the Service, you agree not to sell, store, distribute, transmit, display, reproduce, modify, migrate, create derivative works from, or otherwise exploit any of the Information content or data related to any portion of the Service. You may print a copy of particular used item values and prices and use the Information for your personal, non-commercial use, but you may not otherwise reproduce any material appearing on SearchBarcode. If you want to make commercial use of the SearchBarcode Information or Services, you must enter into an agreement with us to do so in advance, and we would love to talk to you about that.
4. FEEDBACK, AND OTHER CONTRIBUTIONS TO SearchBarcode By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals ("Contributions") to SearchBarcode through its "contact us," or suggestion or feedback Web pages, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) SearchBarcode is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) your Contributions automatically become the property of SearchBarcode without any obligation of SearchBarcode to you and SearchBarcode shall be entitled to use, copy, modify, or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose), delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) SearchBarcode may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; and (e) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from SearchBarcode under any circumstances for your Contributions.
5. MODIFICATIONS AND TERMINATION OF SERVICE SearchBarcode reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify, update, suspend or discontinue all or part of the Service with or without notice to you. You agree that SearchBarcode will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. You agree that SearchBarcode may, under some circumstances and without prior notice to you, terminate your use of and access to the Service. Some of the reasons for such termination may include, but are not to be limited to, (a) a breach or violation of the TOS or other incorporated agreements or guidelines, (b) a request by law enforcement or another government agency, (c) our decision to discontinue or change all or part of the Service or how we choose to provide it, (d) technical or security issues or problems, and/or (e) fraudulent or illegal activities. All terminations will be made in SearchBarcode's sole discretion and you agree that SearchBarcode will not be liable for any termination of your use of or access to the Service.
6. YOUR DEALINGS WITH SearchBarcode ADVERTISERS Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You acknowledge and agree that SearchBarcode will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES SearchBarcode provides links to other Web sites. You acknowledge and agree that, because SearchBarcode has no control over such sites, we are not responsible for them or the resources and information they contain. In particular, we are not responsible for the availability of services related to another Web site that has a link on SearchBarcode; we do not necessarily endorse such sites, and we are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites. You further acknowledge and agree that SearchBarcode will not be liable for any loss whatsoever for any damages caused by or incurred in connection with the use of or reliance on the information, goods or services available through any such site.
8. SearchBarcode'S PROPRIETARY RIGHTS You acknowledge and agree that the Service and all materials on SearchBarcode, contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws (SearchBarcode’s "Proprietary Information"). All materials on SearchBarcode, including such Proprietary Information, may only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes, and you agree not to sell, transfer, reproduce, duplicate, distribute, publish, modify, migrate, store, copy or transmit any material from SearchBarcode unless and until you have obtained our prior written consent. The Proprietary Information covered by this prohibition includes, without limitation, the software programming and html and other code contained in the Web site, SearchBarcode used item’s Values, SearchBarcode new item’s pricing information, compilations of SearchBarcode specifications, any text, graphics, logos, photographs, audio or video material or stills from audiovisual material available on this Web site.
9. NO ILLEGAL USE As a condition of your use of and access to SearchBarcode, you agree not to use the Services for any unlawful purpose or in any way that violates these TOS. You also agree not to use the Services in any way that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Web site or any SearchBarcode server, or the associated networks, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any Services.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SearchBarcode PROVIDES THE SERVICE TO YOU ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. SearchBarcode AND ITS OWNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SearchBarcode AND ITS OWNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSED, PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED.
ALL MATERIAL AND INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE ACCESSING OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM SearchBarcode OR ITS AFFILIATES OR PARTNERS THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. THE VALUE OF USED ITEMS ARE OPINIONS AND MAY VARY FROM PRODUCT TO PRODUCT. ACTUAL VALUATIONS ARE BASED UPON CURRENT AVAILABLE INFORMATION AND ANALYSIS OF MARKET CONDITIONS, AND WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SPECIFICATIONS, PRODUCT CONDITION OR OTHER PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCES PERTINENT TO A PARTICULAR PRODUCT OR THE TRANSACTION OR THE PARTIES TO THE TRANSACTION. SearchBarcode ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OF PRODUCT VALUES AND NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT SearchBarcode AND ITS OWNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SearchBarcode HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE; (iii) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY RELATED TO THE SERVICE; OR (iv) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 9 AND 10 MAY NOT APPLY.
12. INDEMNITY AND RELEASE When you use SearchBarcode, you are agreeing to indemnify SearchBarcode, its owners, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, partners, and licensors and hold them harmless from any and all claims and expenses, including attorney's fees, arising from your use of the SearchBarcode Web site, your use of the Service, or your submission of Contributions as set forth in Section 4 above. By using SearchBarcode you are agreeing to release SearchBarcode and its owners, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees, partners, and licensors from any and all claims, fees, costs, damages and obligations of any kind whatsoever that you may have against them arising out of or in any way related to such claims or obligations and to any disputes regarding use of ideas and/or related materials submitted to SearchBarcode. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO WAIVE ALL LAWS THAT MAY LIMIT SUCH RELEASES. FOR EXAMPLE, YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE TO WAIVE THE PROVISIONS OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH PROVIDES: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IS KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
13. CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE SearchBarcode may occasionally update or change these Terms of Service, so we encourage you to view them often. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these TOS and any updates.
14. GENERAL INFORMATION Choice of Law and Forum. The TOS and the relationship between you and SearchBarcode shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and SearchBarcode agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within California.
Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of SearchBarcode to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect. Entire Agreement. The TOS constitutes the entire agreement between you and SearchBarcode and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior TOS with respect to the Service. You also may be subject to additional terms and
conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other SearchBarcode services, affiliate or third-party services.
15. REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF THE TOS Please report any violations of the TOS to SearchBarcode customer service.